Getting Started With Spike
Download the Spike User Manual and follow the steps below to get set up and start taking measurements.
Mounting Your Spike: Tablets
- Mount your Spike to a tablet case. We suggest a hard case with a flat back.
- Place the Spike device close to the camera, but ensure the Spike does not obstruct the camera or flash
- On the back of the Spike, peel off the protective backing to expose the adhesive tape.
- Make sure the selected position is clean and press the Spike firmly for approximate 60 seconds.
Mounting Your Spike: Smartphones
- Press on the clamp release button. The clamps will fully extend.
- Find the best location for your Spike on the back of your smartphone. It is recommended to place Spike as close as possible to the camera without obstructing the camera or flash. Mark or note where you have place Spike so you can reattach it in the same location.
- Once you have found the best location for your Spike, use your fingers to squeeze the clamps until they lock tightly around the edges of your smartphone.
For more information on Mounting Your Spike for Smartphones refer to page 4 in the Spike User Manual
Downloading the Spike AppFor users running iOS 8.0+; download the Spike iOS App. Be sure to view our list of supported smartphones and tablets before downloading.
For Android users running Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later, download the Android App
Charge Up Your Spike DeviceYour Spike has an internal battery that requires charging. After setting up your Spike, we recommend charging your Spike for approximately 3 hours.
- Connect the USB cable provided to the micro USB charging port on the bottom of your Spike.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to any device that can charge USB devices (e.g. computer, wall charger, etc). The LED indicator will flash while charging.
- The LED indicator will turn green when Spike is fully charged. Disconnect the USB cable and store in a safe place.
Create your Spike Cloud accountNOTE: The use of the Spike Cloud account is OPTIONAL.
- Spike Mobile App: Go into the Settings, scroll to the Account section, and Select Log in. Next, select JOIN to sign up for an account. [This will allow you to access,edit and share your measurements within the Spike Cloud]
- Online: Visit www.ikegps.com and GoTo the upper right corner of the website, click on "Customer Login" and Select Spike . Then sign up for your Spike account by entering an email and password.
Connect Spike with the Spike App on your Smartphone or Tablet
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone or tablet
- Power on the Spike device by pressing the power button. The LED indicator will flash blue indicating that the Spike device is discoverable over Bluetooth.
- On your smartphone or tablet, tap on the Spike app to launch it.
- Tap on the button “Tap To Connect Device”. Then select your Spike unit name to pair it with your smartphone or tablet.
TIP: After connecting your Spike, go into the Spike app settings and select your preferred units of measurements: feet, inches, meters, or centimeters.
If you would like to capture the location of your image, including latitude, longitude and altitude, you must first calibrate the compass on you smartphone or tablet with the Spike app.
Calibrating the Compass of your Smartphone or Tablet.
Follow the instructions in the calibrate the compass video below to complete this calibration.
Getting Started with Spike Tutorial
- Open the Spike Mobile App: Go into the Settings, scroll to the bottom to find the Tutorial.
- Selecting on this will launch the instruction.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Phone: +1 720 381 1634
Toll-free: +1 844 445 3477 ext 3
6:00 am to 6:00 pm (UTC -07:00)
Monday – Friday (Closed on major US holidays)