Survey123: How to Collect Spike Data from Survey123
Survey123 with Spike Workflow for Various Measurement Options
2. Open Survey123 app and ensure you are signed into your ArcGIS Online account.
3. Start the survey.
4. "Measuring distance to an object", select the Spike button .
5. Take a photo of the object you want to measure the distance to.
6. After the image is successfully taken, you are automatically returned to the form. The distance from the object is now listed on the form under the photo you just took.
7. "Measuring the length of an object", select the Spike button .
8. Take a photo of the object or area you want to measure.
9. On the Alignment page, adjust the rectangle to outline the largest rectangle area available for the surface you are measuring.
Enabling Draw Alignment Grid in the Spike app settings helps with this step. When you adjust the rectangle, a surface is created. It is on this surface that subsequent measurements are made.
10. Select Next.
11. To measure a length, select Length at the top of the app, select Add at the bottom, and tap the image to begin drawing a line. Drag to finish the line.
12. Select Save.
You are automatically returned to the form. The distance and length of the object are now listed on the form.
You are automatically returned to the form. The area, number of dimensions (or edges) of the shape, and distance are now listed on the form.
When you send the survey, the values derived from the image will be sent as the answers to your questions.
Measurement units within Survey123 will appear as metric, regardless of setting within Spike.